Fossil dances all around the world

Ethan Duus

Students dance at this year’s homecoming “All Around the World.” Photo Credit: Ethan Duus

Milena Brown

Fossil’s Homecoming dance themed “All Around the World” was held in the school’s main gym on October 7, Saturday. The dance kicked off at 8:00 P.M, but students were lined up well before then eager to get inside. Each corner of the room featured a different corner of the world including New York, Beijing, Paris, and Maui. The decorations were stunning and artfully put together. Lindsey Puev, freshman, excited about attending her first homecoming dance commented that it was great because, “It was a fun way to hang out with friends.”  Throughout the evening dance circles formed with students jumping in to show off their best moves while encouraging friends to do the same. From the crowd came the sounds of giggles and voices singing off key to the music.  Annabeth Sarbacker, junior, said, “The music this year is more consistent and easy to dance to.” The DJ made sure to keep the crowd moving and to hype them up. For some students this was the last homecoming dance they would attend at high school.  Adam Howard, senior, commented that, “Overall this is one of my favorite dances and that I’m happy that this is how my last homecoming dance will be.” When asked about how this theme compared to others Adam feels that, “Nothing quite compares to the Alice and Wonderland theme we had freshman year. There is just something special about it.”