I Was Here amazes the audience

“I Was Here” amazes the audience

[wzslider autoplay=”true” info=”true”]

“I Was Here” stunned the audience and allowed the floor to hold all the jaws in the room. Every performance was filled with talent and awe. The event took place in the Fossil Ridge High School Auditorium on Tuesday Oct. 30. Coordinator Chad Cocquyt said, “The highlight [of the night] was how all of the performers did their absolute best.”

The fourteen performances varied from singing to piano to one performance on the ukulele; each with its own magic moment. Samantha Tusing, Amber Baack, and Amanda Michaels all sang original songs clearly written with buckets filled of emotion. Josh Bell, Miranda Bateman, Anna Bonjour, Katherine Trupkiewicz, and Lauren Rhoda stunned by playing music on the piano. Bethany Haile and Christine Scoufis played guitar and sang to pop songs.  Cate Formica, Gareth Niles, and Kasey Markel performed their own ensemble of “Don’t Know Why” by Nora Jones. Whitney Hammond and Ashton Fisher blew away the crowd with powerful ballads. Amy Borngrebe and Daniel Stroh performed “Evening Kitchen” by Band of Horses. “I was so impressed by how much talent we have at our school,” Borngrebe said, “I had so much fun!” Performance after performance the audience couldn’t believe the talent these students have.

As well as the talent, the night was about the St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital. The event was completely free but donations to the hospital were greatly encouraged. As audience members walked into the auditorium they passed a donation box. Cocquyt said, “We raised $445, although that isn’t as much as I was hoping for, it’s still wonderful.”

$100
$1000