Freshmen dominate Powder Puff

Back to Article
Back to Article

Freshmen dominate Powder Puff

The freshmen team consisted primarily of soccer players, and the camaraderie they already shared was evident from the way they communicated on and off the field. Allison Ressler, a member of the team, explained that, “it felt really, really great because all the seniors were [saying] ‘we can’t let the freshmen beat us!’. I feel like it was just amazing because we were the underdogs and we did it. We just came out on top and it was awesome.”

Isabella Mahal

Isabella Mahal

Isabella Mahal

On Monday, September 10, about fifty Fossil Ridge High School girls took the field for the annual Powder Puff tournament. This year, the event was run by Key Club, rather than Student Council, but many traditions remained the same. As per Sabercat custom, the teams were divided by class, with the freshmen wearing black, the sophomores in white, the juniors in grey, and the seniors in green. Each team played one another once, and after the three matches were complete, the freshmen claimed victory. They went 3-0, with the sophomores coming in second with a record of 2-1. The juniors won one game and lost two, the seniors came in last with an 0-3 record.

About the Contributor
Isabella Mahal, Head Copywriter

Despite all the warnings given to her, senior Isabella Mahal filled her schedule with AP classes and a single TA period. Many of these classes were only...