Peach Fuzz encourages school spirit

A student hits a ball back to Soft R, the team that would ultimately come to win the tournament.

Karen Manley

Karen Manley

Karen Manley

On September 11, Fossil Ridge High School held its annual Peach Fuzz Volleyball Tournament. Boys of all grades were encouraged to participate and compete against the other male students in two major rounds of competition with a guaranteed two game minimum. Ultimately, team Soft R took the tournament in the championship game against Big Rapper Brand. Third and fourth place were filled by Snipes and 2A, respectively.

The event was a fundraiser for Fossil’s National Honor Society. Even with two no-show teams, the competition was fierce. “I enjoyed seeing people have fun once we got into it. It was hard easing in because two teams didn’t show up but my board really helped me out,” commented Josh Lee, organizer of the event. “Thank you for everyone who came and we’d love to see more people next year!”

The idea of sportsmanship was stressed at the beginning of the tournament and the boys continued to act positively throughout the games.

About the Writer
Karen Manley, Editor in Chief

Karen Manley, a senior, has been in the journalism program since her freshman year. She feels most at home when writing about Unified Sports and activities, mental health, and other topics that people may not pay enough attention too. This year, Karen will be Co-Editor in Chief. Her responsibilities include taking care of the class emotionally and making sure that the paper runs smoothly. Karen explains “I’ve wanted to be an Editor in Chief since I was a freshman here. I am very excited to execute some of my ideas.”

Karen was in born San Diego, California and moved to Fort Collins when she was 14 years old. She currently lives with her family, including her mom, dad, and Brother. She enjoys her friends’ company, being the Co-Historian for NHAS, taking AP courses including Studio Art, geocaching, going on bike rides, and playing board games.

As a senior, Karen knows that she wants to further her education after leaving Fossil Ridge High School. She hopes to attend either UNC or Eastern Washington University to study journalism. She may also want to take a gap year to serve in the Peace Corps. After she completes college, she hopes to have graduated with a degree in order to pursue war journalism. Karen would like to become a war journalist focused on the people living in war-torn areas to shed light on a problem rarely addressed.

Karen’s undeniable devotion to Etched in Stone can be seen clearly in her bubbly, kind, and sincere personality. She is excited to leave Fossil Ridge High School with a bang. Her dedication to Etched in Stone over the past three years has helped make the paper what it is today.