Bonfire explodes into Homecoming week

Anna Henning, Academics/Activities Beat Leader

Fossil Ridge High School’s annual bonfire on September 12 was met with unexpected drama due to an explosion. There were also food trucks and music as students enjoyed the short fire.
Calli Errett
Lindsey Puev

About the Contributors

Anna Henning is working as a Copy Editor and BEAT leader for Etched in Stone. The sophomore has been a part of the staff for a year and looks forward to her leadership roles this year and within the program. She writes articles on a range of topics but her favorite to write are movie reviews. In fact, her favorite movie franchise is Star Wars and her favorite episode is Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. On her first year writing she discovered her passion for journalism, and continues to be a key member of the staff.

Outside of the paper Henning dances for the Fossil Ridge High School dance team, and this is her first year on the team. Despite being new to dance team, Henning has been dancing her whole life. She did ballet for 11 years until an injury made her decide to try something new and pushed her to join the school team. Now being on the team, Henning has found a great passion for learning hip-hop because she never had previously danced many other dance forms outside ballet. Along with her love for dance and movies, she enjoys reading in her free time. Among her favorite genres to read are mystery and action novels, nothing boring. She loves all kinds of music, although her favorite band is Twenty One Pilots. Her final interest at Fossil is choir in which Henning is a part of Femina, the select women’s choir.

The prominent young journalist plans to pursue a four year degree at a university after high school. Her goal is to become a journalist for an international charity to combine her passions of humanitarianism, travel, and journalism. In the upcoming school year Henning hopes to be successful in her leadership roles and academic career.

Liam H. Flake, News Director

Liam Flake is a junior at Fossil Ridge High School with a passion for journalism, particularly travel journalism and investigative journalism. Flake’s goal in life is to make sure everyone’s voice is heard and to tell the stories that need to be told. He describes himself as intellectual, which carries into his favorite childhood memory, winning 3rd place in the school science fair in 4th grade. Outside of the school, Flake enjoys wood burning and stargazing but also has a super fun life in the school environment. Flake is involved in numerous clubs at Fossil Ridge High School including Unified Sports, Songwriter’s Guild, photography club, and his favorite, Journalism. Flake prefers classic rock and 80’s music, enjoys the movie The Artist, and loves the color gray, perfect for his 2007 gray Honda Pilot. Flake wishes to travel to Ireland one day to really dig deeper into the culture but also keeps in touch with local history and culture as well.