Fossil outswims Indians

Olivia Doro

Fossil swimmer glides through the water

Olivia Doro, Editor in Chief

Following a successful first home meet the Fossil Ridge High School girls swimming and diving team competed against CHSAA 4A team Loveland High School in an away dual meet on Tuesday, December 04. The Sabercats took the meet 122-70 and will compete at home in a quad meet against Monarch High School, Mountain Range High School, and Poudre High School next Tuesday, December 11 at 4:00 P.M.

Fossil placed within the top three for every event, with Loveland taking first place in only three of the twelve events. The Sabercats placed second in the 200-yard medley relay, first and second in 200-yard freestyle, the top three for the 200-yard IM were all Fossil swimmers as well, the Indians took the fourth place spot for the 200-yard IM, and State qualifier Summer Siverts swam first in the 50-yard freestyle. For the 1-meter diving, two of Fossil’s divers placed first and third out of only 5 total divers from both Loveland and Fossil Ridge. The rest of the swimming events saw Fossil place first and third in the 100-yard butterfly, for the 100-yard freestyle Fossil once again took all three of the top spots, first and second in the 500-yard freestyle, first and third in the 200-yard freestyle relay, second and third in the 100-yard backstroke, second in the 100-yard breaststroke, and for the 400-yard freestyle relay the Sabercats took both first and third place.

The girls will also be competing at the Legacy Invitational at the Veterans Memorial Aquatic Center (VMAC) in Thornton on Friday, December 7 and Saturday, December 8.