Fossil Ridge fire

Back to Article
Back to Article

Fossil Ridge fire

Johnny Howlett

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






At roughly 9:00 a.m. on May 2, 2019, a fire broke out in the Fossil Ridge High School woodshop. According to the Poudre Fire Authority, the fire was caused when a spark from the band saw was taken in by the shop’s dust collection system. Students were evacuated immediately after the fire alarm was activated and were not let back into the building until deemed safe roughly one hour later. Students quickly took to social media to post videos of the fire.

As of the writing of this article, the Performing Arts Center wing is completely quarantined for both staff and students. Students who have items in the affected area currently have to wait for an update on how to retrieve them. For more updates about the status of the fire, please check our social media profiles: @fossilnews on Twitter and @fossil.news on Instagram.