Player Profile: Jack Blomfelt

Jack Blomfelt, Senior, plays tight end for Fossil Ridge High School’s Varsity Football team. He chose to play football because he has really enjoyed the sport and says it is fun, especially for the social aspect. Blomfelt started playing football as a seventh grader, and since then his mom has been his biggest supporter and always pushes him to do his best. 

When it comes to his last year of high school football, he says, “I feel pretty good about it, but it can get sad at moments.”  As long as Blomfelt has been playing this sport, he says he most likely will not continue playing in college. He would like to turn his focus to his education. Blomfelt said he enjoyed playing football his freshman year the most because it was a good group of people and a very funny year.

When it comes to game days, Blomfelt has his head in a very good place. He loves to eat “good food” before games, followed by taking some ibuprofen and taping up any injuries he has. He has recently hurt his shoulder because he was blocking during a game and ended up spraining his acromioclavicular joint , but he has not let that stop him. Games are very exciting for Blomfelt, as he does not get nervous, but very enthusiastic. He likes to visualize what he is going to do before any game. He says, “If you visualize yourself doing good you are going to do good.” Many say that Blomfelt is the best at getting the team excited before games, as his teammates are his biggest motivation to play. 

Blomfelt explained that the football team has a lot of brotherhood, and that is one of the reasons why he chose to play football. He says, “I will miss playing football with my guys” when he leaves for college, as they are like a family. A successful season for him would be having a good time and making the team a fun environment to be in. Blomfelt says he does not like the early morning training, but he likes what comes out of it. He says something he can improve on while playing is getting better at knowing what he has to do in different situations. His goal for senior year Varsity Football is to win as many games as they can, and finish his last year strong.

Etched in Stone • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$100
$1000