Boys Basketball Triumphs Against Mountain Range

Fossil Ridge High School’s boys’ basketball team came out victorious against Mountain Range High School on Tuesday, February 6. Fossil stayed up the entirety of the game and in the end won by 16 points. 

During the first quarter of the game, Fossil struggled to stay consistent outside of the three-point line but was dominating from inside the key. They came out of the first with an 8-point lead making the score 37-29.

Fossil’s young team carries a maturity that gave them a significant edge over Mountain View. Rather than taking impulsive shots, the team has incredible court awareness that they use to their advantage. Their ability to pass the ball swiftly and efficiently was the key to beating out Mountain View’s defense.

During the second half, the boys turned up the heat even higher. Junior Walker Sheilds made three out of his four three-pointers during the second half. 

To add to the intensity of the second half, sophomore Carter Gray made a buzzer-beater three at the end of the third quarter leading the Sabercats into the final quarter up by 15 points.  

Fossil maintained the lead through the fourth quarter and stayed consistent in their effort.

Fossil plays again on Friday, February 9 against their cross-town rival Rocky Mountain High School.