Breaking News

Take a chance: Audition for Lip Dub

We need YOU to be a part of one of the leading events towards the end of the year. This is known as the Lip Dub which Fossil holds every three years, giving every grade the chance to have a part in this. 

The Lip Dub is when the whole school gets together to rock out to their favorite songs. Time has passed for students to submit song requests, but do not forget to check your email to get the chance to vote for which five you prefer.

It will start with the whole school gathering for an assembly. Then, students will be released to stand with their class, club, or sport to show school spirit as Fossil Ridge’s TV crew travels all around the school, catching the event. Get a look at how the first Lip Dub went in 2012.

SabercatFilms

“It brings the school together in a way that no other project we do has accomplished,” says Brendan Gallagher. Gallagher is the teacher for Fossil’s video production classes.

Auditioning gives you one of the leads in the Lip Dub. You will be seen following the camera as you lip sync to the song that is chosen for your part. “Upbeat, high energy, just bringing good vibes, and good lip sync”, is what Producer Alisha Bartels explains is what they are looking for in an auditioner. 2015 is fun example of this energy and good vibes.

SabercatFilms

If you have the slightest interest, definitely take a chance by signing up using any of the flyers posted around the school hallways or go here. This will take you to the signupgenius.com website, which shows days with times that you can choose when you want to do your audition. The year 2018 is also a good reference to look back on.

SabercatFilms

The audition will consist of the auditioner doing a 30 second lip sync run-through of an upbeat song. Brendan Gallagher states, “For me, the most important thing about the auditions is I need everybody to audition who’s even remotely interested.”