FRHS boys’ basketball vs. Boulder

On Tuesday Feb. 5, Fossil Ridge High School played the Boulder Panthers down in Boulder. The game came down to the wire and was intense, as both teams were within three points the whole game. With the help of the top scorers: juniors, Alex Semadeni (17pts), Evan Smith (13pts), and senior Corey Peter (13pts).

With the clock running down to single digits Semadeni went up for a lay up, made it, and got fouled in the process. With the shot made by Semadeni, the score was tied at 57-57. The referee pointed at Semadeni saying he got fouled and needed to shoot one free throw. With all of his concentration and the game on the line, he aligned himself with the hoop and shot. “The ball just floated in the air forever” senior Tyler Tamez said.

The ball went straight down giving FRHS the upper hand in the fourth quarter and a one point lead. Boulder got the ball but couldn’t do anything with it, as FRHS shut them down defensively. “When Alex made that free throw we all went crazy; screaming and hugging each other, knowing that he had just won the game” senior Anna Sherman said.

With this win the team is now in second place in the Front Range Conference. With a 14-4 record they are on a hot streak, winning five in a row. Next game is against 8-10, city rival, Poudre High School. This game is at 7p.m. at Poudre Friday, Feb 8. After this game the team will have four more games in the regular season before the state tournament on a date later announced.

For more stats go to Max Preps.