Topangas Editors Note: Writing for you

Topanga’s Editor’s Note: Writing for you

Editors-in-Chief Topanga McBride (in orange) and Vickie Bonnema (in pink). Photos by Tomas Muelling

“Yo dawg, I will mess you up!”

Vickie Bonnema, the other half of Etched In Stone’s Editor-in-Chief partnership, suggested this as the  opening for my first editor’s note. The other half would be me, Topanga McBride. Vickie and I are incredibly  excited for this year, especially to produce this publication.

Now that we have a year’s experience running an online publication under our belts, we’re working on  making Etched In Stone your first source for news and entertainment. This year’s staff has a wide array of  interests. You’ll find your weekend plans in Fort Collins, who’s who in the celebrity world, Haley Osborn’s  senior year bucket list, as well as the latest news at FRHS and the rest of the world. There will be an article  that interests you!

If our publication is missing something, take action! Let us know when a story idea comes up. Even  better,  write a letter to the editors or an editorial. This is your publication. We want to write about what  you want to hear about.

Knowing that our audience consists mostly of high school students, we are also aiming to publish more  media. Writing is great, but we know you want to hear, watch, and experience the stories too. Expect    more photo galleries, podcasts, and videos.

Vickie and I agreed to write about each other in these  notes, so I present to you:

FIVE THINGS YOU PROBABLY DIDN’T NEED TO KNOW ABOUT VICKIE BONNEMA

1. Vickie writes the strangest column ever, “Tales from the Litterbox.” It’s very entertaining to read, and  I  suggest you check it out.
2. Vickie has a moody, fat cat named Lavender. You do not ask to pet her, you wait until she gives you  permission to pet her.
3. Vickie rides to school via Pegasus because she can’t drive a stick shift.
4. She is also mad at me for writing that above statement.
5. Vickie is a movie fanatic. Check out some of her reviews. Her favorite movie is How to Train Your  Dragon.
BONUS FACT (since fact number four doesn’t exactly count): Vickie is distracted very easily. It’s usually  my fault.

I can’t wait to see what this year holds for #ridgenation! I’ll see you in the halls!

Topanga McBride