The instrument that Jackson Bailey plays
Photocreds: WikiMedia
The instrument that Jackson Bailey plays Photocreds: WikiMedia

A rising star

A rising star

By: Kierra Vaughan and Maddie Koppenhofer

Jackson Bailey, a musically inclined senior who attends Fossil Ridge High School, recently made it into the Honor Orchestra of America. This year, the concert will be held March 6 through 8 in Indianapolis  Ind., this coming year. Bailey sent a video to try out for the orchestra, and he performed two songs in the video, one being the Bruch violin Concerto movement one, and the other being Bach Partita No. 3, first movement.

The musicians are preparing for the Music for All National Festival, presented by Yamaha. The concert will include different bands, orchestras, and percussion ensembles from both middle and high school from all over the nation. For his orchestra, Bailey will play the Russian and Ludmilla Overture as well as Shostakovich Symphony seven. The orchestra is at the national level, and the conductor’s name is Larry J. Livingston, according to musicforall.org.

Bailey began playing violin when he was about age seven, and music has been a huge part of his life ever since. “Besides family, music plays the biggest role in my life, Bailey said.

In the future, Bailey said he sees himself as a violin or voice performance major, and he is auditioning for Boston University next week. For Bailey, music “creates stress, but also when I need stress release, I look to music.”