Masters degree from Drake University. Photo Credit: Logan Spieler

Popular College Choice’s at FRHS

Seems like the latest talk around Fossil Ridge High School is college, at least for seniors it is. College can be such a stressful thing, especially for those who don’t know where to go. Many seniors have spent months of researching colleges, as well as outside of school meetings and fairs to help them narrow down a list of options.

Senior Kennedie Raelennoberg at FRHS said, “[visiting] college fairs helped a lot, I went to a college fair and narrowed down my top 5 choice.”

Some students want to stay in the state, while others would rather go out of state but either way college search can be hard, frustrating, and a very long process.

While in state colleges such as CSU or CU are great options, some students would rather go out of state for a better experience.

“I really want to go out of state to get independence” Bryan DeWar, Senior at FRHS said.

Some of the most popular college choice from the students at Fossil includes CU, CSU, UNC, and ASU. Although a lot of students are not applying to these colleges, these still remain the most popular choice for students. These colleges are great schools to look at, especially if you have not thought about where you want to go or are unsure what your major might be.  Some other popular college choices include California State, Colorado Mountain College, and University of Montana.

Although many underclassmen students think that colleges are something to worry about only during senior year, it can be a very long process that should not be procrastinated..

Raelennoberg said “start thinking about what you want to major in and look into colleges at the beginning of you junior year.”