This week in Fort Collins

This week in Fort Collins

By Paulin Verbest and Paige Closson

At FRHS

Welcome back Sabercats!

This week in Fort Collins is pretty calm with only a few curriculum activities going on at Fossil Ridge High School.

For all the seniors as well as any classmen wanting more information for college, there will be a Financial Aid and Scholarship Workshop next Wednesday January 15th from 6:00-7:30 pm. This event will take place at the PAC, media center, and round house so if you are interested in learning more about scholarships and how to get them, this is a great event to check out.

On Friday January 17th, the audition workshop for the musical will take place at the PAC. The spring musical at FRHS this year will be “The Drowsy Chaperone.”  This event is recommended for anyone wanting to participate in the school musical this year and encourages all students to come and better their theater, as well as dance, singing, and acting audition techniques.

Around Town

With frigid temperatures in Fort Collins lately, no one is thinking about fresh produce from farmers markets but get ready to change the way you look at them because the Winter Farmers Market in Old Town is not your traditional market. Locates at Opera Galeria from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on select saturdays (including Jan. 11), the Winter Farmers Market houses vendors from hand-made gifts to organic meat. With live music provided by the Bohemian Foundation, the market is a great way to spend any saturday morning and it doesn’t hurt that it’s in a heated building.

Rising FRHS star, Lexi Shanley is performing from 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. at 253 Linden Street on Jan. 17. There is no cover charge but donations to the performers are welcome. All ages are welcome so come support an up and coming local singer as well as a fellow Sabercat for her moment in the spotlight.

As with every third friday of the month, the Fort Collins Foodie Walk will be happening in Old Town Jan. 17. Browse the variety of food oriented shops and restaurants as they cater to the walk ins by catering their best food and drinks. This month, the highlight of the night is Kilwins Chocolate. As the featured location, Kilwins is providing samples of a variety of different flavors of hot cocoa, fudge, and chocolates. What better way to spend a cold winter night warming up in Kilwins Chocolates?