Redline Week of 8/27: Welcome to the Redline and what’s in the news

Welcome to the Redline column, Etched in Stone’s first automotive column. I’ve been a car nut all of my life and am very excited to share my passion to you, the Car enthusiasts and students here at Fossil Ridge High School. This column will  update you on what is happening in the automotive news. Expect much more in the coming months.

Unveiled back in January at the Detroit Auto Show, Chevrolet Unveiled its new Corvette Z06, and  It has been priced at $78,995 for the coupe and $83,995 for the convertible which is completely new for a Corvette. Also new is the addition of a supercharged V8 with 650 horsepower and an eight-speed automatic Transmission. Orders will begin in the fall.

Another car grabbing attention is the 2015 Ford F-150 and its industry exclusive Aluminum body that helped cut 700 pounds off of the original weight. It was just announced that the Dearborn plant in Michigan, who produces the F-150, ended production of the current generation to retool the plant for the 2015 this past week. This means that the newest version of the best-selling vehicle in America will be in dealers in a couple months. The Kansas City Plant will get the same changes early next year.

Alfa Romeo hasn’t been very well known here in America since they left the American market 20 years ago. This year,  however, marks its return with the 4C sports car and the brand is expected to become an Italian rival to BMW and Mercedes-Benz in the next five years. Now rumors have surfaced putting a new sports car to slot above the 4C. It will be called the 6C. It’s said to have styling based off of the Maserati Alfierti Concept, just with the Alfa’s characteristic design, and will most likely have the Twin-Turbo 3 liter V6 out of the Maserati Ghibli with up to 404 horsepower. It won’t hit the market until 2018, but when it does, it will take on rivals such as the Porsche 911 and Jaguar F-type.

$100
$1000