Homeruns close to home: Fossil loses to Collins in varsity baseball

Though it was a tough battle, Fort Collins High School’s varsity baseball team walked away from the plate with a victory today against our varsity boys.

The game was tied at zero until the top of the 6th inning, when Collins scored. Fossil then tied it back up with a point at the top of the 7th inning. Collins swept the winning title with the final point at the bottom of the 7th inning making their record in 10-5 overall, and 6-2 in the league. The loss puts Fossil’s record overall at 8-9, and 6-4 in the league.

View from the stands at Fort Collins High School’s baseball field. (Photo Credit: Kaitlynn Schmurr)

One of the highlights of the rivalry game included the pitching of senior Keegan Letcher. Varsity player and junior at Fossil, Rj Barnes said, “It was a tough loss but Keegan threw a great game.”

Fossil’s varsity baseball team meets near the diamond after a close lose to Fort Collins (Photo Credit: Kaitlynn Schmurr)

The rivalry between Fossil Ridge and Fort Collins is uncanny, and FRHS junior Nate Simianer had some insight on playing the lambkins, “It’s always interesting playing with kids I’ve been playing with since we were kids.”

The next game is at home against Fairview on April 30th! This will be the last home game.