NAHS starts the year at full speed

NAHS starts the year at full speed

Fossil Ridge High School’s very own National Art Honors Society kicked off their busy year with a lunch meeting on Aug. 25.

finishes1

Ms.Ermer, FRHS art teacher and NAHS leader, held the first meeting so early in the year due to the high demand of projects already on the group’s shoulders.  The society has a good amount of projects to begin working on, including homecoming decorations and illustrations for the windows in the library hallway. Even with a high demand in projects, there are still a number of stools that could be filled by anyone meeting the National Art Honors Society’s requirements.

The requirements are as follows:

• Minimum of one art class taken while in high school
  • Earning a B or higher in every art class taken
  • Participation in a minimum of 3 NAHS service projects each semester (6 total throughout the year)
  • Maintaining a 2.5 cumulative GPA

To join, students must make sure they meet the above requirements, sign up with Ms.Ermer, and pay a fee of $10 ($3 for national dues and $7 for materials).

Another project NAHS is working on is titled, “The Memory Project.” In this particular project, club members receive an image of an orphan from a third world country and create a portrait of the child. After the portrait is finished, The Memory Project organization hand delivers the portraits to the kids.  According to Ms.Ermer, the organization has included the orphan’s favorite colors in their descriptions so participant artists can incorporate them into their artwork.

Regular meetings for NAHS are held at B lunch, every second Friday of each month in the art department, room 245.

$100
$1000