Team Captain Alex Silva leads boys varsity soccer into a solid season

Photo provided by Emily Brey

Senior, Alex Silva has lead the Fossil Ridge Boys Varsity soccer team into this 2015 season with a solid stride forward, opening the season with two unfortunate ties, one against Arapahoe and the other vs Mountain Vista, the boys are now focused on winning the conference title.

Silva has been a part of three state championships with his club team, Arsenal Gold, and has traveled out of state with both his club team as well as Fossil which only made his love and passion for the game even stronger. Traveling out of state with both teams has developed close relationships between him and his teammates that will formed lifelong friendships.

Although being a captain for his Varsity team puts some pressure on his shoulders to perform and lead well, he said he’s going to miss how easy and relaxed life is in high school. “I will also really miss high school soccer, once the season is over I will still have a club season, but nothing is quite like high school soccer. Seeing your friends from school up in the stands and cheering you on while you’re on the field competing with your team is honestly a dream come true.”

Silva announced that he has applied to the University of Colorado into their pre-med program, but he will not be continuing soccer at a collegiate level. This being his last season it is extremely important to him that they do well and accomplish their goals saying, “it will make my senior year just that much better.”

With the games coming up against Rocky Mountain, Fort Collins, and Poudre High School he is excited to match up against some of his Arsenal teammates when they play those schools in the next few weeks.