Varsity cheerleading nationals

Varsity cheerleading nationals

FullSizeRender (1)
Photo Credit: Bailey Coker

The Fossil Ridge High School varsity cheer team competed in the cheerleading national competition from February 4th to 8th in Orlando Florida at Disney World.  For this competition they brought 16 members of the team with 4 alternates.  Overall, there was 407 teams participating in this competition split up into 35 divisions.

The FRHS team competed in in medium varsity all girls division.  This division consisted of 57 teams from around the nation.  18 high school cheerleading squads placed in this division.  The FRHS team did not place in this division or the competition overall.

Although they didn’t perform as well as they had hoped, they were still successful in the competition.  “We could’ve done better, we had some stunts fall and tumbling touchdowns we know we could have hit” said Bailey Coker a varsity cheer captain.

On February 6th and 7th the team was at the competition all day.  On the other days 3 days when they weren’t cheering, the girls on the team were able to go around Disney World and have fun together as a team.

“It was absolutely an amazing trip.  Even though we didn’t do very well, we had a blast hanging out and playing in the parks as a team” said Coker.