Fall means volleyball

Fall means volleyball

Fossil Ridge High School volleyball started their season off by playing Golden High School. The junior varsity team started out strong scoring 5-1 after the first set. Junior varsity player Lily Verhow who played both C team and JV last year stated “I am excited for the upcoming season and I look  forward to playing with other teammates and winning in the future”. Verhow wasn’t worried about the game, she stated that since this was Golden’s first year of volleyball for their school, since they haven’t had a volleyball team at their school until this year. After three sets Fossil won with a final score of 28-5, already on their way to a successful season.

C-team spikes another point. Photo Credit: Olivia Doro

C-team volleyball came out strong in the aux gym as they kicked off the season scoring point after point on Golden, gaining a lead no one could catch up too. In less than 30 minutes the first set was over with a score of 25-5 in favor of Fossil. Coach Amanda Ferguson gave major support from the sidelines boosting the girls confidence as the thud of volleyballs hitting the ground filled the gym. The second and final set ended with a score of 25-19, setting C-team off with a phenomenal win to start off their season.
Both Fossil and Golden D-team put up a fight in their first game of the season, however the Sabercats proved that they can dominate the court. In a pre-game interview, freshman Ava Hovland stated “ I feel good about playing against the team and look forward to playing with both old and new teammates during my first season of Fossil volleyball.” D-team ended with a total of 25-3.