Varsity volleyball kills the Lambkins

Varsity volleyball kills the Lambkins

Fossil Ridge High School played Fort Collins High School on Thursday, October 6. The Fossil main gym was packed with fans from both schools. As soon as the first point is scored the court becomes a war zone due to the high intensity. Not once does the lead go up by more than one point, then Fossil gets in it’s zone. The Sabercats scored point after point gaining a more prominent lead, then the set. Fossil crushed Collins in the first set with a final score of 25-16.

The second set began just like the first, with neither team taking a lead greater than one point. It’s clear Fossil is the better team and their comeback proves that. Fossil fell behind and then immediately caught up. It’s as if Fossil was never behind when they win the set 25-20.

Fossil dominates the third set, already acting like they’d won the game. All goes well until Collins finally starts to fight back. The Lambkins obliterate Fossil’s lead and are on the verge of winning. But Fossil defends their undefeated title. Unfortunately the set ended with a final score of 23-25, in Collins favor. Putting the teams into a fourth set to determine who will leave victorious.

The fourth and final set began, both teams determined to win. Fourth set starts off similar to the first two sets, but soon Fossil amps up their intensity. The Sabercats finished what they started, destroying Collins with a final score of 25-16. Still undefeated champs.