Broomfield cant beat Fossil

Broomfield can’t beat Fossil

Fossil Ridge High School junior varsity volleyball played against Broomfield High School on Thursday, September 29. Broomfield came out strong with high intensity but Fossil met the challenge, finishing the first set with a score of 25-7. Alyssa Wiggins played well serving many hits that lead to points for Fossil. Fossil continued with their high intensity and took the lead, 12-3 in the first 10 minutes. The team worked hard and won the second and final set with a final score of 25-5.

Fossil’s C-team destroyed Broomfield, playing hard and together the entire first set. It’s not just Fossil’s excellent communication, but the amazing support from teammates and their coach that led them to win the first set 25-13. The second set began with Fossil not able to stop scoring. It is not until Fossil is only five points to victory does Broomfield start to slowly earn themselves some points. Victorious, Fossil finishes with a score of 25-16 in the second set.

The D-team also played hard and came out with a win, Amanda Henninger hit many strong serves over the net allowing Fossil to take the lead and winning the first set 25- 15. Broomfield took defeat well and continued to fight but Fossil overcame and beat Broomfield 25-16 in the second set.