Crosstown rivals take the court

Crosstown rivals take the court

Fossil Ridge High School had the crowd on the edge of their seats during their rivalry game against Fort Collins High School on Sep. 29. The game started out strong with both teams playing a game of catch up until Fossil took the lead winning the first half 25-21. As the crowd slowly started to fill the seats the Sabercats started to fall behind losing the second set with a final score of 28-25 leading to the third and final set of the game. The energy was intense as Fossil and Collins both brought their A game, after making a critical mistake Fossil took charge and ended the game 15-10. Overall a great game for Fossil

Fossil’s C team stepped onto their home court ready to win. Both Collins and Fossil played with an intensity reserved only for each other. Fossil fell behind in the beginning of the set but immediately redeemed themselves with a final score of 25-13 in the first set. The second set began and both teams played harder than the set before. Fossil takes an impressive lead but Collins doesn’t let them gain too many more points. Second set ends with a final score of 25-16, a win for Fossil.