Fossil rides into mountain biking season

Fossil Ridge High School has many clubs and teams that are not just within Fossil, but are in fact available to many schools both in and out of the Poudre School District. One of these teams includes mountain biking, which had its first competition for the 2017-2018 season on Saturday, August 26.

Fossil competes in the division two category, the second highest category team’s can compete in. The team Fossil competes with, Ciclismo, placed third out of twenty one teams. Although no Fossil member podiumed Tommy Papenthein took 13 in the boys varsity race, Ellie Street took 18 and Francesca Forero took 19 in the junior varsity girls race, and Tolland Cunningham took 38 in the junior varsity boys race. Ayden Heffernan took 21 in the sophomore boys race, as well.

Fossil will have it’s next race on September 7, in Steamboat, CO. For any freshmen interested in joining the team, they will have a booth at Club Rush. Club Rush will be held during advisory on September 8, 2017.

If interested in joining visit to official Colorado high school mountain biking website.