Fossil students face paint for Kinard

Beth Farrand, Arts Writer

National Art Honors Society (NAHS) is one of the many honor societies that are offered at Fossil Ridge High School. This club is filled with art enthusiasts interested in sharing their art with people everywhere. Other honor societies include Science National Honor Society, and Tri-M Music Honor Society.

For the past three years, Ms. Ermer and the students in NAHS have been involved with the Kinard Karnival by offering face painting to the kids. This event is put on every year for students at the middle school. This year, the Karnival is to be held on September 19 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.

“We are going to be able to raise funds for NAHS, which we have not been able to do in past years,” said Noah Miller. 

Each year better than the last, student volunteers in NAHS work to brighten up the night’s event with their amazing artistic ability, painting things such as butterflies, flowers, other small animals and much more. 

In past years, they have seen and painted about 50 faces in the two hours they are there, which means that each artist gets to paint around 6-8 faces per hour during the  Karnival. 

This event is great for both students in NAHS and middle schoolers. Middle schoolers get to see what a high school club does and the high school students get to show off their talents and practice their painting skills.