Fossil’s orchestras perform first concert of the year

Guest violinist Michael Davis performs with Fossil Ridge orchestra.

Beth Farrand, Arts Writer

Fossil Ridge High School’s orchestra program played beautifully at their concert on Wednesday, October 30, 2019. Held in the Performing Arts Center (PAC), conductor Alan Silvestri hosted the nights event, which started at roughly 7:00 P.M.. The orchestra department at Fossil consists of three main orchestras: Sinfonietta, Concert and Symphony orchestras. Joining the groups on stage were guests Michael Davis, violinist, and Liz Richardson, a CSU Practicum Student. 

Each orchestra featured soloists in at least one song, like Masquerade, Incantations, and Halloween Spooktacular

The concert began with the ninth grade orchestra, known as Sinfonietta, playing five songs. Following the ninth grade orchestra, Concert Orchestra played five songs, including Autumn from The Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi, featuring guest soloist Michael Davis on the violin. Liz Richardson, the CSU Practicum Student, joined the stage as a guest conductor leading the group in In the Hall of the Mountain King. The Symphony Orchestra ended the concert, playing four songs. 

Since the concert was so close to Halloween this year, Silvestri added a few festive tunes to the nights performances including This is Halloween and Thriller.