Knees Up
(Photo Credit: Olivia Doro)
Knees Up (Photo Credit: Olivia Doro)

JV soccer can’t be stopped

Fossil Ridge High School junior varsity boys soccer played Greeley West High School on Thursday, September 28. The boys came out strong, aware that they had to play a full 80 minute game if they wanted a chance to walk away with the win. Head coach Ken Weigang told the team,“They’re on their third strike, this is it for them.” However, no matter how many shots the boys had on goal none of them found the back of the net. The score was 0-0 at the end of the first half, no team taking the lead.

Once the second half begun it seemed as though an entirely new team had taken the field for Fossil Ridge. Right after kickoff Fossil charged into Greeley’s defensive half, it was Daniel Bostock who scored the first goal of the game for Fossil. Greeley offense was strong but it was their keeper that kept the Sabercats from scoring for most of the game. Fossil scored its second goal when Wesley Knaus headed the ball into Greeley’s net. Finally with only ten minutes left of the game, Bostock scores the third and final goal for Fossil. The game ended with a score of 3-0, a shutout and a redemption for Fossil.

Lucky Number Eight (Photo Credit: Olivia Doro)
Lucky Number Eight. Photo Credit: Olivia Doro