PowderPuff proves girls can dominate anything

Whoever said girls can’t play football is clearly mistaken. Fossil Ridge High School girls from every grade level came out to play on Wednesday, October 12. Despite the cold weather students packed the bleachers to cheer on the girls. In the first two games the seniors played the sophomores and the juniors played the freshmen. Every powderpuff participant played hard, determined to be the victorious class. When time was up however both games were tied and forced to go into overtime. At the end of overtime the juniors came out victorious and the seniors and sophomores were still tied. After a double overtime the seniors finally won, putting them into the final game against the juniors.

When halftime arrived it was time for tug of war! Every grade went head to head and got more intense than the games. Girls were being dragged across the field and ended up covered in turf. There was no winner in the tug of war but it was a nice break before the final game.

As the seniors and juniors met with their coaches to review game strategy, the loser’s game was being played. At the end of the sophomore against freshmen game the score was tied. However there was no overtime because it was time for the Super Bowl Championship of powder puff. The game was only fifteen minutes but it was intense. The juniors were strong and motivated to beat the seniors, but in the last minute the seniors won. An amazing touchdown sealed the win for the seniors and ended powder puff. Until next year ladies!

Class of 2017 Victors (Photo Credit: Olivia Doro)
Class of 2017 Victors
(Photo Credit: Olivia Doro)