ThesCon 2018 inspires thespians

Megan Bean

Fossil’s 2018 ThesCon attendees.

Karen Manley

On December 6-8, Fossil Ridge High School theater students attended The Colorado State Thespian Society’s 54th Annual Theater Conference, ThesCon. Students were given the opportunity to attend breakout sessions, one-act presentations, and individual event showcases from across Colorado.

“I always return feeling more passionate but this one really did feel different,” commented junior Eli Taylor. “They included some film workshops which was possibly one of the best things that could’ve happened.” The event includes all aspects of theater, whether it be onstage or behind the scenes, with breakout sessions spanning from technical theater to performance techniques.

The conference offers an opportunity to work on skills with a new group of people to further their experiences. Students from Fossil attend every year to grow as thespians and friends.

“ThesCon is an amazing experience to further your learning in a different context with new and passionate peers. This year was an incredible capstone after 4 years of attendance. It was bittersweet to perform with the improv team, tear it up at the dance party, and hang out with everyone on the mall,” reminisced senior Megan Bean.

The next ThesCon will be in 2019 and theater students, no matter their skill set, are encouraged to attend.