Lindi+Pojar+with+the+dig+

Lindi Pojar with the dig

Lindi Pojar

Lindi Pojar graduated from Fossil in 2018. While attending Fossil, Pojar was very involved in the Fossil Ridge Volleyball program and had big dreams for her future. 

Pojar first started playing volleyball in third grade for a recreational league when her mom signed her up. She was really bad, but loved it and never gave up. Pojar always went to Colorado State University volleyball games growing up and hoped to be like those girls some day. She started playing club volleyball in seventh grade as she realized how much she loved the game and wanted to play at a higher level. Pojar continued playing all through middle school and high school. While playing in high school, she grew a deeper love for the game and realized her dream as a little girl to play in college was going to come true.

Pojar is a defensive specialist and libero at Morningside College in Sioux City, Iowa. She has played this position most of her volleyball career and loves it. She feels like she is short and cannot jump very high, so she feels like she is most effective in the back row. She also loves the feeling of getting a really good dig and having her teammates execute the pass.

The schedule keeps Pojar very busy. During the season, she had class in the mornings, then practice and film after, and that schedule made her really focus on her schoolwork due to the limited time available for studying. She had to keep a really good planner to make sure she remembered all of her assignments, lifting, games, and everything else, but she said this has made her more organized. During the offseason, the team lifts at 6 a.m. three days a week. This has made her super disciplined with her sleep, and she quickly realized she needed to make sleep a higher priority in her life. Pojar loves that she has this schedule and all of her commitments, because it keeps her organized, and she still gets to spend a lot of time with her teammates, which is the best part.

Even though Pojar is very busy, she loves every minute of it, as it has been an outlet in her life to get away from the crazy things happening. She loves getting into the gym and working hard to get things off her mind. It has often been a safe place for her to be who she is as well. It has shown her how she deserves to be treated, how she should treat others, and that confidence is so important for athletes. Without volleyball, she would not be the person she is today, and she would not have been blessed with so many great experiences. She is so thankful that it brought her to Iowa and for the amazing friends and relationships she has made.

However, Pojar does miss playing in front of her closest friends in high school that have known her for so long, and she misses seeing teachers at her games. Pojar said, “It was so cool to play in front of huge crowds in the town where I grew up.” Also, she misses her parents being in the stands. They never missed any of her games, and many of her friends now in college have family that live close, so it is tough to not have her family there physically. They still watch her games on live stream, but she misses getting to hug them after games. She also misses the girls she played with. She mentioned how they shaped her into a solid player her last season in high school, and she misses the intense practices and games.

Through all of this, Pojar has learned a lot and says that the most important thing to remember is, “Reach out to colleges early. Do not discount your abilities because you think you aren’t tall enough or quick enough. Reach out to a school you don’t think you could play at, you never know what might happen. Work your butt off in the classroom and in the weight room, get sleep, eat well, and love what you’re doing. If you’re not in love with it, it won’t be as fun.”

Etched in Stone • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$100
$1000