Aliza’s senior Picture

Aliza Tinker

To become Miss Colorado, one has to compete in the United States of America’s Miss Pageant System in Colorado. 21 girls and women from across the state competed for this title since 2018 when it first started. Aliza is the very first Miss Colorado USA 2019.

In January 2019, Aliza Tinker competed in of the pageant that took place at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. Throughout the weekend the girls had a lot of activities like a workout class, pajama party, and a formal dinner. For the pageant, Aliza competed along with the other contestants in the categories of Interview, Formal Wear, Swim, and a final On-Stage Question. These events added to their scores, and Tinker came out on top to be the winner. She got comments like “Perfect dress, good for body shape and coloring,” “Great interview questions,” “Very mature,” “Honest answers,” and “Great personality.”

Miss USA Colorado graduated from Fossil in May of 2018. Tinker loved being a part of Student Council and putting on events like homecoming each year for her friends and peers while being at Fossil. Currently, Tinker is studying at the University of Wyoming for her Elementary Education Degree to become an elementary school teacher. She is absolutely in love with working with kids and is so excited—she loves working towards this degree.

Even though Tinker is busy at school, she still has to fulfill all her duties as Miss USA Colorado. She believes it is important to put a high priority on being with those who you love and tries to use that when scheduling her modeling work to accommodate time off to be with family and friends. She said, “So far it hasn’t been much of a challenge, but as I further my modeling career, I know traveling and my schedule will get busier. I am excited about this because I know I have people who support me and love me no matter what, so it makes it worth it.”

Tinker says she started modeling because of pageantry. “It was something I always thought would be fun but I never imagined I could actually do it,” Aliza said. Now she has been a part of the Denver Fashion Week for seven seasons, done numerous shows and shoots with local photographers, designers, and hair stylists, along with runway shows in Los Angeles with designers from China.

When Tinker became a part of the modeling life, it gave her a hobby. She never was someone who loved sports or was particularly good at them. But when she found modeling, that became her sport. She loved going to shoots, wearing fancy clothing she would not have before, and getting to meet such amazing people. She said, “I’ve loved every part of it.” Being the USA Miss Colorado, Tinker is fortunate enough to be able to reach out to organizations that she is passionate about and help volunteer. This year, Aliza is excited to be partnering with a non-profit organization called Life for the Innocent. Their mission is to work in South Asia to help rescue children from trafficking and place them in forever homes. Her love for children has grown so much more from working with this organization and she is so fortunate and happy that she can support such an amazing cause.

When this experience started she clearly remembers being crowned. She explained, “it was such a rush of emotion. When it was my first runner up and I standing on stage, waiting to see who won, in the back of my mind I thought I didn’t win. The other girl, was three years older than me, giving her more world experiences that I had.”  She was hopeful for the win but knew that being so young in the Miss division, which is ages 18-28, would not help her. She was up against girls who were done with college and living their careers. But when they called Tinker’s name as the new Miss Colorado, she said, “I was filled with joy and surprise. My eyes were filled with tears and I was excited for what was to come.”

Follow Aliza’s journey as your United States of America’s Miss Colorado on Social Media. Her Instagram and Facebook are @usoamisscolorado.

Etched in Stone • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$100
$1000