Sabercat Story: Makenna Kelly

JUCO

Makenna Kelly poses for Wired Magazine in early 2019 for an interview and photoshoot.

Kelly Colanto, Arts Writer

Makenna Kelly is a Freshman at Fossil Ridge High School and is currently juggling her high school education and her YouTube fame all at once. Kelly has become extremely popular on the internet by creating ASMR, Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, videos on YouTube in hopes of putting her viewers to sleep. 

Kelly currently has over 1.6 million subscribers on YouTube and is rapidly gaining more each day on her channel, Life with Mak ASMR. Kelly says ASMR is a way to help her viewers de-stress through a screen and she loves knowing she is benefiting others around the world. She said, “My fans’ loyalty means the world to me. I couldn’t ask for a better support system and they encourage me to continue what I do each day.”

Kelly says that her growing YouTube career has affected her life in many fantastic ways. So far, her reputation has led her into many possible workplace environments such as acting and modeling agencies which she is highly interested in. Kelly said, “The craziest and most exciting part of my year has probably been my modeling opportunities for various companies and events. Walking the runway is not as easy as it looks and it is hard work to master them.” Kelly is looking forward to pursuing other jobs that she can potentially get this year and work towards her dream.

Before fame, Kelly lived in Virginia alongside her brother, Brogan Kelly, who also attends Fossil as a Sophomore. As for pets, she has two cats, Gwenie, a Sphynx, and Agatha, a Selkirk Rex. In her free time, her favorite things to do are hanging out with her friends and family, go bowling, swim, fish, shop, and dance. Her favorite place to travel is Los Angeles because there are many opportunities there and she loves to be at the beach and take photos of the beautiful scenery.

As far as her future plans go, Kelly knows she would like to attend college. Though she is not exactly sure where she would like to go, she says moving to Los Angeles is one very appealing option. She believed, hopefully, in California she will be able to achieve her dream of being a model or an actress, as she loves being able to have fun while on set and meet new people. Kelly says that if there is one thing she would like the students at Fossil to know, it is that she is just a normal 14 year old girl and there is no reason to treat her any differently at school or other related activities.