Garfield Club is a welcoming and supportive group where you can pursue your passion for Garfield.

Natalie Anderson

Love lasagna and hate Mondays? Come to Garfield Club!

If you are looking for a laidback club full of supportive people, Fossil Ridge High School’s Garfield Club might be perfect for you. 

Meeting Monday’s during lunch in room E112, this club takes part in activities such as watching Garfield, discussing Garfield, playing Garfield board games, and making Garfield arts and crafts. Joel Braley, the club president, said that they were even planning a lasagna bakeoff event before school was canceled because of COVID-19. 

Now, you may be wondering why the club meets on Mondays if Garfield hates Mondays. Braley stated that it is to make them feel better because “Garfield only hates Mondays because it’s the day that John goes to work and he’s alone, so we’re not alone.”

Braley decided to restart the club when Mrs. Cooper told him that she used to be the club sponsor. Braley does not know the person who first created the club, but thought that it would be fun to bring back. 

We’re very laid back and nice. We’re a supportive team.

— Joel Braley

However, Garfield is just an added bonus to participating in the club. Braley said that, “We’re very laid back and nice. We’re a supportive team. Everybody’s nice to each other and we have a rule book and a slideshow at the end of every year. Like, if you don’t have food, tell us, we can help.” 

Whether you are looking to pursue your passion for Garfield, or just looking to make some new friends, anyone is welcome to attend. “Please, please, please come to Garfield Club,” Braley says. “It’s so cool, everybody here is great.”

Etched in Stone • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$100
$1000