The mind behind the Small Biz Bazaar

The mind behind the Small Biz Bazaar

The Small Biz Bizarre is welcomed to Fossil Ridge students by senior Audrey Vote. She is a part of the business competition program, Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA), which has allowed her to organize the Small Biz Bazaar. This is a new event held by and for students to show off their handmade items and in return collect money. For her project in DECA, she is able to help Fossil’s community by expressing her care for student struggles of opening and promoting their businesses without losing all their money from the get-go.

Vote explains how this event can help students “jumpstart their business without any fees.” Even a few students from Rocky Mountain High School, Fort Collins High School, and Kinard Middle School will be able to host their own booths, thanks to Vote advertising everywhere she could.

“So I was like, You know what, it’d be cool if we had a like, school craft fair. And then I was like, You know what, let me make one,” Vote says. Her determination also makes her hope that her idea can continue as a tradition. DECA helps with her plans outside of high school. Audrey has her eyes set on the University of Utah, planning to double major in marketing and communication. 

On February 9th from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm after school and on the February 10th from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm the Small Biz Bazaar will be open to anybody in the commons. This is an opportunity for everyone, even if you are a shopper, as you can buy gifts for others and even treat yourself this Valentine’s Day.