Students working with their teams for Geoguesser
Evelyn Waage

Geoguesser night for 2 Weeks 2 Give

For the first year, Roh Kappa Social Studies National Honors Society hosted a Geoguesser event for 2 Weeks 2 Give. 

Geoguesser is a game where you are dropped in the middle of a place anywhere on Earth and you have to figure out where you are, the closer you guess where you are, the more points you get. 

Everyone interested was able to participate in this online game through the human geography teachers at Fossil Ridge and to help raise money for charity. 

“We wanted to bring this towards the Sabercats care week as a charity month because a lot of the events hosted during this week are game nights and geoguesser falls into that category,” says Melissa Wong, a member of Rho Kappa Social Studies National Honors Society. 

The charity they donated to from this event was Make a Wish Colorado. This charity helps grant wishes for children who have critical illnesses. To brighten up their day, they get one wish which could be going on their dream vacation or meeting their dream celebrity and Make a Wish uses their connections to help support to make that happen. 

Students and staff setting up for the online game event (Evelyn Waage)