Photo Credit: Sarah Baker
Photo Credit: Sarah Baker

January Horoscopes

By: Bailey Gannett and Sarah Baker

AquariusAquarius (January 20 – February 18)

It’s a New Year and it’s time to make a whole new you! Except for being someone who isn’t subject to change, you may still be set in your stubborn ways. Make a move to stick to a resolution that brings about a change in your life whether it’s a workout or a new club to try out.

PiscesPisces (February 19 – March 20)

Even though going back to school after winter break hits most people hard, you’re a ball of energy! Put all your passion and positive attitude towards making this year count. Whether it be sticking to your resolution or just keeping that positive mindset till the end of the year, whatever you choose will benefit you.

AriesHNI_0070Aries (March 21 – April 19)

Being the take-charge personality that you are, you’re taking  2014 by the horns. Everything’s in order and on track and not even this dreary cold weather can stop you.  Don’t forget to take some down time too though, you don’t want to over exert yourself.

TaurusTaurus (April 20 – May 20)

You may hate the cold and having to wake up early again, but at least seeing all your friends in one place keeps that smile on your face. You also love control, which means you’re sure to keep your New Year’s resolution at least until the summer months. Good for you!

GeminiGemini (May 21 – June 2o)

You probably had a great break full of adventures and good times. And now that school is back in session it’s time for you to crack down. You usually love school, but even you are probably feeling the post-holiday blues. But still try to be positive, there’s always something to look forward to!

CapricornCapricorn (November 22 – December 21)

Being the timeless person that you are, you keep traditions, resolutions and promises. Your ambition will probably lead you through the remainder of the school year. It’s okay to be lazy though sometimes, don’t push yourself to hard!

CancerCancer (June 22 – July 22)

As 2nd semester kicks off your New Year, a resolution may be to reach out and be a bit more active in the community. Whether trying out a new club or maybe a sport you may just find it’s what you needed all along. So try something new and put yourself out there!

LeoLeo (July 23 – August 22)

This semester will probably be much like the previous, full of great times and new opportunities. There’s Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day and Prom coming up so relax and have some fun! Just don’t forget to do your homework too.

VirgoVirgo (August 23 – September 22)

As January tends to be the month for new beginnings you’ll enjoy the chance to get reorganized. Cleaning out binders and getting new ones ready for different classes will be a great occupation to start out. Just remember to enjoy the new classes and have some spontaneity.

LibraLibra (September 23 – October 23)

You’re one of those people that probably put a lot of thought in the past year and your New Year’s Resolution. Looking at what last year ensued, you’ll pick it apart to have a resolution that brings in a whole new balance to your lifestyle.

ScorpioScorpio (October 24 – November 21)

Oh great, the new year. Another year of new problems and drama. Don’t worry about it too much though. Your New Year’s Resolution? Give it a chance and try to avoid getting caught up in the social constipation of your surrounding peers. You’ll find it’s much better and rewarding that way.

SagittariusSagittarius (November 22 – December 21)

You’re definitely ready for the 2nd semester. New classes, challenging concepts; it’s all you. With a whole new energy you’re feeling pretty excited for the New Year. Your resolution would probably be along the lines of trying new things and going to new places, what’s more reviving than a little adventure?

Photo Credit: Thomas Muelling