Humans of Fossil: Aubrey Leonard

Humans of Fossil: Aubrey Leonard

[slideshow_deploy id=’13319′]

Aubrey Leonard, a sophomore at Fossil Ridge High School is very involved with the sports programs at our school.  She has played on the volleyball team for two years and the tennis team for one year at FRHS.  Before high school she has played on multiple different sports teams for many years.  “My favorite sports are tennis and volleyball.  I have played volleyball since 3rd grade, so about 7 years and tennis since 7th grade, so about 4 years” said Leonard.

Another interest of Leonard’s is the beauty industry.  One of her favorite things to do is look up nail designs on YouTube and experiment with makeup.  “A lot of people don’t know that one of my biggest passions is in the beauty industry. I think that it is really interesting to paint little pictures or designs on nails and to figure out new techniques and trends with makeup” said Leonard.

At school, one of her favorite classes is Spanish.  Leonard has enjoyed learning and speaking the language at school.  She hopes to one day become fluent in Spanish.  Because of her interest in this language, she has considered majoring in Spanish in college.

After high school, Leonard wants to attend BYU in Provo, Utah.  As the youngest in her family, she wants to go where her whole family went and be a part of the community at BYU.  “I am really looking forward to the atmosphere and constantly being around those who share my same faith” said Leonard.

Although high school hasn’t been the best experience so far, she has made some great memories.  One of the best parts of high school for Leonard is being with her friends every day as well as being on the sports teams. “I have enjoyed being able to stay after school and play a sport I love with people I love as well” described Leonard.

Outside of school Leonard is very involved in her church and a big part of her life.  Leonard is a member of the LDS church.  At church, she loves being around the leaders and the people.  “I really feel as though I can be myself and express myself when I am around those peers.  I believe it is very important to adhere to my faith and my church organization as much as possible, and through being part of that organization I can accomplish this” said Leonard.

Family is also really important part of Aubrey’s life.  There are 6 people in her family. She has three older brothers. Her oldest brother is Alex.  Her twin brothers, Ethan and Elliott are almost home from their 2 year LDS missions serving in Peru and Ecuador.  Leonard loves to spend time with her family.  “I really enjoy playing bored games and going on family vacations with them. I love when we are all together and are able to have fun, laugh, and make memories and inside jokes” said Leonard.

The best advice Leonard could give relates to everyone in high school no matter their grade.  “There number one thing I would suggest is just be happy with who you are. Self-confidence is key. Don’t compare yourself to others and be with those that you love and that love you. Don’t try to “fit in” or do what the “cool” crowd is doing because half of the time it’s really not as cool as it may appear.”