Time to take the court

Time to take the court

Fossil Ridge High School and Windsor High School faced off for the first home game of the season. While all teams played their best it was JV whose impressive over time comeback set the tone of the season. Windsor had more accurate free throws, better communication and passing skills that put them in the lead. The first quarter ended with a score of 6-15, Windsor.

Fossil took the court more dominant than ever second quarter. While both teams played strong, Windsor clearly had more accuracy in free throws than Fossil which increased their lead. Windsor kept their lead while Fossil battled to close the gap. A final score of 15-17 at the half, Windsor’s lead with the Sabercats right behind them.

Third quarter began and Fossil finally got their head in the game. Strengthening both their cognitive and physical reflexes to take a lead over Windsor, Fossil strengthened both their offense and defensive lines. The final score was 27-25 when the boys headed into the final quarter, Fossil with the lead.

The final quarter began and although Fossil racked up the fouls they also racked up the points, completing almost every one of their shots. The fourth quarter ended with a score of 43-43, which sent them into a four minute overtime.

In those four minutes Fossil claimed its victory by overpowering Windsor’s offensive line. A very close game finished with a score of 49-48, a last minute redemption for Fossil.

Josh Lemos for a three pointer. Photo Credit: Olivia Doro

C-team started off strong against Windsor when both teams took the court. While Fossil made majority of their free throws, Windsor scored more points on the side, increasing their lead. After a quick quarter the score was at 13-22, Windsor.

The second quarter started with Fossil immediately missing the first free throw they got. Windsor’s strong defense prevented Fossil from scoring, and they fell even more behind, however Fossil scored some points to stay in the game. The score was 26-34 at the half, Windsor still in the lead.

The third quarter began and Fossil got into it, playing stronger than they had the entire game. Making more shots and more free throws, Fossil got closer and closer to taking a lead over Windsor. Fossil headed into the final quarter with a score of 43-47, Windsor still in the lead.

While Windsor started making more free throws and less fouls, Fossil fell behind. The game ended with a final score of 58-63, a loss for Fossil. season.