Student report leads to threat investigation

Cami Corp

On the night of Wednesday, November 1, a Safe2Tell report was submitted from a concerned student who had overheard another student making comments that threatened school safety.

During 1st and 3rd period, an announcement came over the intercom assuring students and teachers the presage was being taken care of. “As of right now, there is no standing threat,” said Mr. Nye.

As of 7:17 AM, an email was sent to parents stating that law enforcement and the student’s parents had been involved and the threat was avoided. “We are working with the family, district safety experts, and law enforcement to determine the credibility of these comments and are taking swift action to fully investigate this situation,” stated Principal Chaplain in the email.

A voice message from Chaplain also made it to concerned parents, recycling the same information stated in the email and over the intercom, adding a thank you to the student who submitted a Safe2Tell. “I once again want to thank our students and school community for working together to keep our school safe. The outreach and information that we received today was very informative, positive, and cooperative.”

**As of now, no further developments have come to light. Stay tuned for further updates. If you have other details that would benefit this article, email them to [email protected].**