Sabercats climb to City dominance

Olivia Doro

Head Coach Paul Shimek is nothing but smiles as he congratulates his team on their win

Olivia Doro, Editor in Chief

Rocky Mountain High School 3-1, Fort Collins High School 3-1, and Poudre High School 3-0. A citywide sweep that put the Sabercats at number one in Fort Collins, the City Champions. With only three home games left in their season, Fossil Ridge High School continues to climb the ranks as they get closer to playoffs. They beat theirĀ final crosstown rival this Thursday in a 3-0 set sweep, grabbing the City Champion title and proving who plays best in Fort Collins.

One of the quickest games Fossil played this season it was over in less than an hour and each set was a sweep. The first set the Sabercats won 25-9, the second set was won 25-10, and the final set ended with a score of 25-10. Despite the dominance Fossil showed on the court, Poudre player Lexi Drager was awarded the IBM Hero Award before the game. An incredible honor that the Impalas team was loud and proud about when the girls stepped onto the court.

Despite the citywide sweep Fossil has accomplished they will be facing bigger and tougher competition once they hit the Denver Coliseum at the end of October. To keep updated on the girls as they enter the final month of their season follow @frhssportsnews on Twitter.