Thank you Mrs. Hanlin

Macy Klein, Sports Journalist

College and Career Center representative, Betsy Hanlin has accepted a new job at Roosevelt High School and will continue her job at Fossil Ridge until Friday November 30th. Hanlin is very sad to go as she has worked for fossil for four years now and is going to miss the school very much and the people within it.

For the past four years, Mrs. Hanlin has helped the students at fossil ridge start their lives after school. Whether that would be sending transcripts or helping students find the right fit for them, Hanlin was always there for the students to talk to about the future. Although she has faced some challenges with this job, in learning new skills and being the best version of herself for the students, she always comes through for the people at fossil ridge.

Hanlin is accepting a job similar to the one she currently has at fossil at Roosevelt High School in Johnstown. Hanlin states, “My daughter is a sophomore at Roosevelt and I also live in Johnstown so I will be closer to my family and my home”. Even though she’ll be closer to home, she’s going to miss the students at fossil immensely.

The students at fossil are incredibly grateful for everything she has done and for her dedication to all of the young adults within the school. “The best thing about my job is the students. You guys are so determined and driven and you all go off to accomplish amazing things, it’s just so inspiring,” Hanlin says. The students have had an amazing impact on Hanlin which makes it so hard to leave, “I’m very grateful for the people in this school and I’m going to miss everything about this place,” Hanlin states.

Be sure to tell Mrs. Hanlin thank you for all of the great things she has done for the students and she will go on to do great things!