Little Ms. Know it all: A piece of Advice

img_4269
Photo Credit: Lauren Scott

Dear Little Ms. Know it all,

I was recently the victim of a kissing ambush. I’m a sophomore this year and have witnessed the ‘kiss, kiss, kiss’ chant. I just never thought I would be the chosen victim. I didn’t even know the guy I was standing next to. And to top it all off it was my first kiss. To be singled out by the sophomore and junior guys and having to have my first kiss in front of everyone just for their entertainment was embarrassing and that is not what I wanted my first kiss to be. I know it was all in good fun and they didn’t mean anything by it, but I wish they would have like asked or something. I’m all about the school traditions, but this is one I just don’t get.

-Never been kissed

Dear Never been Kissed,

I can honestly say I have never been the victim of the ‘kiss’ chant, but I can say that I agree with you. I don’t think that tradition is something that Fossil particularly needs. I do know that it isn’t the sophomore and juniors that encourage it-sadly it’s the seniors, but they don’t want anyone to know that. As far your first kiss goes, I will say I’m sorry that it was your first kiss. I wouldn’t say it’s anything to feel bad about, and it will make quite a story when you get older. That being said, I’m sure you’re not the first one to sacrifice their first kiss for that stupid reason. I think it would be best if they at least picked seniors as victims because then chances of a first kiss are lower and it’s their last year, so who cares? My advice for you would be to shake it off. There will always be someone out there that will encourage stupid meaningless things like that and if you’re feeling particularly bold I would say you should call them out on it. It is true that it is all in the spirit of high school, but if it makes you feel embarrassed chances are you aren’t the only one to feel that. Stand up for what you think is right.

-Little Ms. Know it all

$100
$1000