FRHS volleyball goes out with a bang

FRHS Volleball celebrates after receiving a point.

Fossil volleyball unfortunately did not win both games on Saturday, and will not be competing at the state competition this year.

We started off rough, losing our first set to Douglas County 25-18, a fairly close set, but some mistakes were made. We came back very strong and dominated the court in the second set, beating Douglas County 25-13. The 4th set was closer, with a win 25-22, and we finished by a 25-17 win.

The game against Cherokee Trail was much more difficult. A team ranked 3rd in the state at the time, there was definitely pressure going in. Fossil Ridge went in and played a valiant first set, losing 19-25. We then went on to lose our second set as well, but having a very close match at 22-25, and unfortunately, the last set was lost as well, the score being 18-25.

In order to go to the state competition, we had to win both regional matches. No teams will be representing Fort Collins at state this year, as Rocky Mountain High School, Poudre High School, and Fort Collins High School didn’t make it past regionals as well. Cherokee Trail will go on to state.

Congratulations to Fossil Ridge High School Volleyball for playing hard this season and making it all the way to regionals!