Baseball: A grey season?

Baseball: A grey season?

Baseball Pic

Fossil Ridge High School’s Varsity Baseball team competed against Legacy High School at Fossil’s field, Tuesday the 12th of April at 4pm. Fossil lost after a  tough game with a final score of 4-3.

After the first inning, a delay was called because of rain and lightning. “The lightning delay wasn’t necessary,” explained Jason Durnil, a senior at Fossil. He added, “but you never know, when it comes to Colorado weather.” The game continued after half an hour.

The game was interesting and involved a lot of good moves on Fossil’s side at the beginning. They led 3-1 at the top of the 3rd inning. “Our offense was on fire at the beginning of the game. We consistently put the ball in play and got on base. Our pitching was pretty decent, allowing only 4 runs,” explained Durnill.

The Sabercats slowed down significantly and Legacy tied it up during the 7th inning and pulled out a win at the end. Fossil lost 4-3 against Legacy. It was a tight game and the players fought until the end.

The Baseball season has had a bumpy start. The Varsity Boys lost against Brighton 8:2 in their first game, and have won 3 out of 9 games overall. “We have to hold and maintain our lead, if we want to be able to score, but we will never give up”, explained senior Andrew Low. ”Our team needs to have more productive at-bats when there are runners on,” added Durnill.

Come and support the next Baseball game. See the schedule here

Fossil vs. Legacy scoring board:   

4/12

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 R H E

Legacy

0 1 1 0 0 0 2 4

Fossil 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 3