Fossil falls to Boulder

Fossil falls to Boulder

Junior varsity teams from Fossil Ridge High School and Boulder High School faced off in the Fossil main gym Tuesday, February 7. Right after tipoff it was Fossil who took control of the ball, and scored the first shot of the game. While Boulder had a higher shot rate than Fossil, the Sabercats had a higher success rate with shots which put them in lead during the first quarter. It was the Sabercats who dominated ball control during the first quarter, however Boulder had control of the ball almost the entire second quarter. Fossil lost their lead and ended the half with a score of 22-24, trailing only two points behind Boulder.

Sam Osius on defense Photo Credit: Olivia Doro

The second half started and both teams fought to gain control over the ball. Boulder held its lead while Fossil struggled to catch up, their defensive line unable to keep up with the stronger opposing offensive line. Despite the numerous attempts to catch up, the Sabercats finished the game with a final score of 52-57. A second consecutive loss for Fossil after losing to Fort Collins High School the week before.