Advice from a senior

Advice from a senior

Welcome back Sabercats! It’s a brand new year and for most of you you’re probably scrambling to get into the routine of things. Whether you’re a freshman trying to figure to not get trampled in the busy halls or a junior trying to balance 4 AP classes,this year can all be a little daunting. As a senior, I’m here to tell you the four most important things to help you survive your year.

4.) For the freshies, you need to learn not to panic. High school is incredibly stressful but also can be a really fun time to discover yourself. Use your freshman year to get an idea of what you like and what you’d be interested in. Whether it’s joining new clubs or experiencing new classes, being a part of something bigger here at FRHS will really help you discover what you want to do with the rest of your life.

3.) For the sophomores and juniors, if you’re anything like me then you’re probably taking a bunch of AP and required classes to get them out of the way. The thing I struggled most with both years was the homework load; and I learned that the best way to do it all was to pace myself. If it’s a big project, do a little each night. If it’s an assignment that’s due Wednesday and assigned Monday, don’t wait until the last minute if you have free time on Monday. If you schedule your workload to meet all your deadlines but still have it spread out, it’s the easiest way to handle the load.

2.) For all grades, one of the most important things I’ve realized is that you have to keep on schedule. If you fall behind, it’s hard to get back into the swing of things. I find that keeping a planner and reminders in my phone of everything really helps me get my assignments in on time and balance school with all my extracurricular, work, and social time.

1.) The number one most important piece of advice I can give you is this- enjoy yourself. And as cheesy and sometimes impossible as it may sound; it’s true. Honestly, some days are going to suck; but some are going to be fantastic. High school is a time for discovering yourself and figuring out what it means to be you. And while you’re figuring that out you might as well join in during the pep assemblies or go to the homecoming dance no matter how ‘uncool’ you think it might be. Meet new friends, participate in spirit days, and go all for prom! Because no matter what, it’s those kind of moments that make it all worthwhile and I promise you that when you’re little old senior like me; you are going to look back on these years and cherish every bit of those cheesy high school moments.

View Comments (3)
$100
$1000