Humans of Fossil: Bailey Coker

Humans of Fossil: Bailey Coker

[slideshow_deploy id=’11515′]

Bailey Coker, a senior at FRHS, is one of the Varsity cheer captains.  Cheer has been a big part of Bailey’s life for the past 10 years.  Before high school Bailey did competitive cheer for HC.  Once she started high school she decided to focus on her school team.  Impressively, she has been on varsity for all four years of high school.  Bailey describes, “our team is really close.  Because of cheer and because of this team, I have made some of the best friends”.

Just recently Bailey competed in leagues for cheer at fossil.  As a team they won first place out of all the schools.  Bailey adds, “We crushed leagues!  We are all so excited for our next comps.  Also, it was really great to have such an amazing fan section to cheer us on.  We usually do all the cheering so it’s nice to have other people cheer for us sometimes”.  One of her favorite parts of high school cheer is to cheer for the football and basketball games.  She mentions, “I am really excited to cheer basketball season this year because it’s fun to cheer right up next to them game, and I love cheering for good teams.”

Bailey lives with her parents and has two brothers; Dawson is 15 and Landon is 12.  Bailey adds “I like to watch and cheer Dawson’s unified games at school”.  Bailey’s family is very supportive with her commitments in cheer.  “I also love to help Landon practice football.  He always asks me to be the quarterback to throw to him.  Because I’ve watched and cheered so many football games at school, I’ve learned a lot about football over the years”.  

Bailey was born in Fort Collins Colorado on June 10th 1998.  She is very spirited and always fun to be around.  It’s never a dull moment when you’re around Bailey.  Determined to achieve her dreams, Bailey is very focused and studious when it comes to school.    

After graduation, Bailey is pretty sure she will be going to the School of Mines in Golden, Colorado in the fall of 2016.  In college, Bailey wants to study biochemical and bio medical engineering.  After attending Mines, medical school is one of Bailey’s goals.  “I am really excited to be challenged at Mines.  It’s a hard school that will prepare me to go off and do great things”.  Because Mines is such a challenging school, Bailey will not be cheering in college  “I’ve decided that I don’t want to cheer in college because I want to focus more on school so I can do really well”.      

Another one of Bailey’s interests is serving with her church group.  This past summer, Bailey went to Ensenada Mexico with her church group for a humanitarian trip.  While they were in mexico they played with all the kids and helped build a church.  They were down in Mexico for a week.  Bailey described  “this was one of the best experiences I’ve had.  It was so cool to see their culture and have the opportunity to help them.  It made me realize how much we have here.”  Bailey wants to go back to the same place to see what has happened with the church and the kids and help them again someday.    

If you don’t already know Bailey, get to know her!  She is a really supportive and fun friend to everyone.