Summer Road Trip Must-Haves

Be sure to check out the essentials before hitting the road

Fifteen-year-old Fossil Ridge High School student Courtney Johnson knows all when it comes to summer road trips. “Every summer, my family and I take a road trip all around the U.S.,” Johnson said. “Trust me; it’s nice to have some good entertainment along the way.” According to Johnson, long rides in the car can be brutal without the proper entertainment. “I love seeing new things and exploring new places, but when spending hours in the car, it’s nice to have comfort in the things you’ve brought with you.”

A phone

“It’s important to me to keep up with what’s going on back at home, and I always need to stay in contact with my friends.” iPhone 5, $749, Apple Store

Instagram

“I am totally obsessed with Instagram. It’s so time consuming – perfect for a road trip!” Instagram App, Free, Apple App Store

Leggings with a tank top

“When it’s super hot in summer, leggings and a comfortable tank top are perfect.” Cropped Leggings, $5, Mineral Wash V-neck Tee, $12, Forever 21

A great pair of sunglasses

Johnson likes to block the bright sun and be fashionable at the same time. RB2140 885/n1 Original Wayfarer, $155, Ray-Ban.com

Comfortable Shoes

“There’s no need to wear uncomfortable shoes on a road trip.” UGG Australia ‘Dakota’ Slipper, $100, Nordstrom