Boys varsity soccer slide into playoffs after victory against Fort Collins High School

[slideshow_deploy id=’11161′]

Tuesday night, October 20th, Fossil’s varsity boys soccer team lit up the night with a crazy win against Fort Collins. Throughout the game there was constant battle between the two teams causing the game to go into overtime. With 50 seconds left in the first overtime, senior, Tyler Rudroff struck an unstoppable shot hitting the back of the net, winning the game for the sabercats. Rudroff makes the statement, “I’ve never had tears of joy, today was the best day of my life. Ever. Knowing that it was senior night and the last home game of my high school soccer career, scoring that game winning goal made me speechless.”

After the game, the rest of the seniors talk about their thoughts on their final year as a high school soccer player. Senior night brought a lot of emotions for the senior players. Logan Wood states, “I am so glad my last home game was against our in-town rivals, and that we came out with a win! It was sad knowing it was the last time I would step onto that turf to play for my school, but I couldn’t have asked for a better last home game.” We asked Alec Quintana or “Q” what his favorite part of his senior year season was. He states, “The most memorable part of this season was beating Collins in overtime because it was the last time we would ever play them and it was senior night. Also, Fossil has never lost to Collins in the years our coach, Shannon Clark, has been coaching so it was nice to win for our coach and keep that streak going.” Shannon Clark has taught these players a lot more than soccer throughout their four years of playing on his team. Drake Zuroski makes the comment, “One thing I have taken away from playing soccer for Shannon here at Fossil is to never give up. Try your hardest at what you do and your hard work won’t go unnoticed.” It’s sad to see the seniors play in their last season of high school soccer but the team is continuing their season in the playoffs of the All Conference Tournament.